Kris Johnson specializes in “documentary-style productions with a twist.” These thought-provoking human-interest productions are less traditional and more entertaining; informational with advertising, marketing and fundraising sensibilities. Whether it’s a factory worker in China, an executive in Scotland, a world-renowned breast cancer surgeon or adults with developmental disabilities, Kris is able to work with interviewees to make them feel comfortable, be expressive and tell compelling stories.
Kris, an award-winning director, works through krisfilms, her full-service creative production company, as well as with larger production companies around the country.
From creative and script development to directing talent and interviewing real people, from working with large and small crews, designing graphics to selecting music, Kris serves as a strong and thoughtful leader throughout the production process, taking ownership in a way that engenders confidence and yields an engaging and impactful film.
Clients include UCSF Breast Care Center, SFMOMA, Levi Strauss & Co., Treasury Wine Estates, Diageo, Stanford Graduate School of Business, Vanderbyl Design, Morla Design, Stanford University, Berkeley School of Law, Amgen, Jamba Juice, Design Within Reach, Walmart, The Home Depot, Adobe, Hewlett Packard, The Regeneration Project, The ARC San Francisco, Visa.
- CASE Silver Medal - Stanford University Challenge Scholarship Series
- BMA Pro-Comm Awards - Best of Division Award of Excellence - "The Home Depot"
- The Communicator Awards - Crystal Award of Excellence - Intel, "The Human Platform"
- The ARC of San Francisco - Volunteer of the Year
- CINDY Silver and Bronze, Director - "Pacific Bell ISDN"
- Dalton Pen Award, Director - Levi Strauss & Co. - "Since 1853 In Touch With The Times"
- AMI Gold Medal, Director - "Pacific Bell ISDN"
- AMI Silver Medal, Director - "Pacific Bell AVS"
- AMI International Best Of Show - "Pacific Bell Centrex"
- AMI Best of Category, Director - Courtyard By Marriott - "Make My Stay"
- AMI Gold Medal, Director - Courtyard By Marriott - "Make My Stay"
- The ARC of San Francisco - Advisory Board